Chromas: Use or Sell

The toughest thing about super rare items from a marketplace purchase, namely Booster Bundles is there will always be a conflict of use for your character or sell. At the time of this article, the current rare is the Chroma Reward Box that was at $270m on the first week and ended around $400m+. Selling just one of those can fill in many other progession-based aspects of the game! The dilemma for a creative player is that it might be just right for a certain character.

Fortunately I consumed one on my main already, so I had something to play with, but I had rolled another box and wasn't sure if it would work on an alt. I spend an hour thinking about it and testing on my main.


The blue suit on the left is the regular style (Anna Zirski from Phastasy Star II). In my head, I thought the blue chroma would be perfect... chrome breastplates & some combination of the blue & dark blue underneath. However, none of the three combinations in the package do this for the Fourth World top! Because we only have 3 of the possible 6 combinations (without repeats), tricolor styles using chromas only have a 50% chance of translating over from regular colors. This was the same case for the Daggerpoint pants. So I took my main and played with some styles (just pretending the reds are blue) and came up with a different set of gear that has the basic shapes of what I was going for, but chroma compatible (Strategos top + Paneled Bodysuit pants)!

So here it is applied to Anna in blue! And Alyssa is back in her regular tank suit.


I'm happy with the look and don't regret not making tons of money. The money can be earned over time with other things, but these materials will be gone eventually.

I only would have regretted it if I put it on a character that it didn't work on... I have a lot that use just 2 colors, so chromas don't work well in those cases. One has to be careful of fads in this sense. You may jump at it without thinking and end up with a style worse than before!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DCUO: Generator Mods (Episode 42+)

Setting Up OBS & Gamepad Viewer for UX Testing